Friday 11 June 2010

A what seems like a busy few weeks..and some much loved sunshine.

My latest Signwritten work was for a friend, who is of to a show to display her

wonderful functional, contemporary pottery. Painting her boards, Sign and price pieces has been fun, she uses pastel glazes, (colours which I would normally not use) so I attempted to match it all up, and, like anything different you have a go at, it was a refreshing change. We had a laugh in the sun making up tiny wooden price stands with some wood from the local timber scrap pile which I painted to match the signs.

Ben has been beavering away in his beloved shed, making a lovely set of Sycamore Shelves, Walnut Pen Holders , more beautiful Bowls and, a new one, some very sweet (s'cuse the pun!) Honey Drizzlers. He has upped his tools since we last blogged, and I'm sure they will get a mention later!

As it's the time of year for the garden to go bonkers, it has, and I have let it...but am loving the flowers summer is bringing!


No comments:

Post a Comment