Saturday 14 August 2010

Season of mists.....


As Autumn creeps in with evening nips and shooting stars, the flower seed collection is growing, the echinacia is covered with bees and butterflies, and I've finished making 140 leather oak keyrings, some removable diary/note/recipe/sketch book covers. These I have enjoyed, the usual 'decorating' business was employed ..but it was good to work with other materials for a change....rather than sticky paint! They sold well at The Blackdowns Woodair, so it spurred me on to make more. I do love my old Treadle Singer Machine......when it goes wrong however the air turns a nasty shade of blue, and Ben tinkers about for 2 minutes, and she's away again. "The trouble with Sewing Machines is" said a repair man to a friends Mum "...is that women will fiddle with them!!!!' This is fine by me....let men be men and fiddle with machines....and let the ladies sew like demons!!

I've made felt mittens today....from a Ben shrunk jumper which I lamented about for at least half a day ( now I'm thrilled he did!) Now, we're set for chilly wintry mornings at craft/farmers markets!! Not usually that previous with things...I almost feel smug!! Happy Autumn to All





No comments:

Post a Comment